“I remember my first glimpse of her face. I saw you smile, then I smiled, I was straight blown away. Mesmerized by your beauty from your feet to your hands. How can one be so beautiful? I don’t understand.”—(via vincemolina)
1. family members constantly asking “Do you have a boyfriend?” dude : “do you have a girlfriend”. then when you say “NO” they go, “suuuree, i wont tell you parents its okay.”
2. when someone calls you, first thing someone says is “Sino yan!?” or “who ish dat!”
then you can’t lie or anything. if its the opposite sex it goes back to number 1.
3. “did you eat?” -NO, i’m not hungry- “ayy, sige na. You’re hungry Eat, Eat ,Eat.” *shit goes on ‘til you finally give in to eat”
4. “ano ng year ka na?” (Translation : what year are you? ),
“um junior in highschool”.
“Oh so ano ng year ka na sa college? ” (what so what year are you in college?)
5. 40year old tita/tito: “You have a prendster. ayy no i mean pacebook. Galing meron add me!”
-thinking to self FUUUUUUUU i dont want them to see my shit >___< -
6. parent’s friends/coworkers/ Your titas & titos add you on facebook
- you leave it there and just stare at if you want to accept or decline it. -
——- end up adding them, then deleting them once they comment on one of your status’ ———————-
7. asked what you want to be when you grow up. You reply something OTHER than something in the medical field. You get an hour discussion of them trying to convince you.
- end of convo you say JUST kidding so they will STFU -
8. if you were your shoes inside a filipino house, they give you a funny ass look.
9. when you’re upstairs, & your mom is screaming your name. you run down stairs panicking, for her to say ” can you get me water?”
- fuuuu its 2 effing feet away from you! are you kidding me -
1O. when you get mad or cry they ALWAYS remind you of how luck you are to live in the u.s & in the P.I they had to go to school in just tsinelas.
- but when i looked @ the pictures i see they had shoes on! different pairs in every picture! -
11. if you invite a friend of the opposite sex to the house, they instantly become your ‘significant other’ and at parties they ask you where they are. when you reply they’re just my friend they say “ayy im sorry you guys broke up?”
>___< reason i dont like parties @ my house.
12. you’ve gotten burned cooking lumpia.
13. you eat with either your hands or BOTH spoon and fork.
14. rice EVERY MEAL
15. suddenly Pacman is the Pride of the Philippines.
16. you suddenly feel proud if you wear anything that has the filipino flag/ colors on it.
17. if you were born here you will not eat balot or dinuguan.
18. b/c you were born here , your family from the P.I insist you try it because it’s “good”
- you look @ it & you think you’re going to throw up.- “oh no i’m full…”
* look up to number 3.
19. when you go to a family filipino party, your ninongs/titos are just wearing sandos (tanktops).- then they have their shirt HALF way up & they walk into the house and rub there belly- *GAH >___< & drinking in one spot.
20. “gago, aray, ayy, aynako” are common phrases you hear.